Date: As at 28 April 2013
Aspirations, plans and making it happen!It all takes time but many hands make light work, get involved it can be fun.
The formal bit.... FoKNP Committee
Saturday meets at 11.30 am Kings Norton Library unless otherwise stated
• 2 March
• 18 May AGM - Start 11 am all welcome!
• 14 September
• 9 November
We will also arrange adhoc planning meetings from time to time, you can get involved email if you are interested.
One off events so far... and what ever you wish to organise, we can help
• 1 March – The Big Plant with Trees for Life and Kings Norton I&J School – success.
. 10 May - wetland wildlife survey (NIA) & clean up. 10.30 am - bring gloves and wellies!
• 1 June – Wild About Birds 11.30am hedgehogs, Nat Trust, Cotswold Falconry, rangers
• 13 July – Kings Norton Festival/Farmers Market Activity Stall
Regular hands on in the Park or Playing Fields .... Monthly Workouts
11.30 am on the first Friday of each month meet in the car park weather permitting. This is a suggested programme of workout activities which will act as a guide but may change according to priorities.
• 3 May – Canal Feeder tidying and weeding - bring loppers, clippers and gloves
• 5 July – Playing Fields - Canal Feeder tidy & POD
• 2 Aug – Canal Feeder & River Rea
• 6 Sept – Wetland Bid
• 4 Oct – wild flower meadow & Shrub Beds prune and split
• 8 Nov – Wetland practical & leaf collecting
• 6 Dec – Winter tidy
We have met some people who weed or litter pick at their own convenience - many thanks, keep up the good work!
Aspirations and focus... things we are working on in 2013
Below are things the Friends group have been working on recently and – but don’t forget we can include the things you would help become a reality too, and with more help comes a wider focus.
• Leaflet - FoKNP leaflet (completed), needs a community wide circulation
• A4A purchases – of equipment and resources - now underway
• Bins, benches & notice board - underway
• Wild Bird Event – rescheduled event now on 1 June at 11.30am until 2.30pm
• Trees – plant standards & whips – completed. Explore tree trail funding
• Tree Survey – Opal national survey packs - liaise with local schools
• Canal Feeder – cleaner (litter picked April), unclogged (partly April) & reduce weeds
• Wetland – Survey with NIA oon 3 May. Apply for funding NIA & approach businesses
• Storage facility – renovation funding, clean, recycling bins (playing fields)
• Shrub Beds – patch (1 bed), weed & mulch, cut back and separate shrubs in autumn
• Wild Flower Meadow- more seeds (Feb) & cut and remove (autumn)
• Bridges – explore funding following Wetland project
If you are interested in getting involved in the organising and planning of any of these particular aspects of the park please drop us an email.